Well hi there!
I am Allison and this is my blog 😉 It’s been on my “to do” list for about the past 6 months and I’m ecstatic that I finally did it and that you’re here to read it!
Fun facts about me & insight to what you might find while reading:
- I am engaged and in full wedding planning mode (eeep – 54 days to go!)
- I love exercise – specifically boot camp 3 days a week with my trainer, running on the greenbelt & practicing yoga
- I love food & eating healthy
- I keep a daily deficit journal (tracking food intake & calories burned) to maintain a healthy weight
- I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up (but for now I’m settling for an HR professional)
- I love kitties! (and we have two tabbies)
- I love Austin, I feel very fortunate to live in such a great community
- I love challenges – whether it’s training for races or weight loss – I like working toward a goal
- “Friends are your chosen family” – it’s a motto I’ve always loved and while I have a most amazing family – I also have most amazing friends. We spend a lot of time together and have amazing adventures! (ugh – easy on the amazing already, huh?)
- I am an activist. Before I went back into the HR field, I spent a few years working for Equality Texas, the only statewide organization that lobbies on behalf of equality issues. While I’m not employed with EQTX, I still serve on their fundraising & event committees.
I am very happy to be here writing and tickled that you’ve continued to read this far! I’m looking forward to sharing (and learning) from like-minded souls as yourself and the journey that this blog creates!