Let’s test the theory in my first post after almost a week hiatus! One thing is for sure – there is never enough time in the day…or the week…and ESPECIALLY the weekend!
I’ll let the photos do most the talking 🙂
Highlights from the week:
Wednesday = boot camp (weights & cardio!), another trip to JuiceLand, wedding invitation stuffing & enjoying the company (& help) of some very fabulous ladies!
- Assorted Amuse :: trumpet mushroom soup, pâté with tomato jam and turnip with local honey & yogurt glaze
- Salad :: green romaine, pea tendrils, white turnips, roasted squash, crispy dino kale, farm cheese
- Rabbit :: braised texas rabbit, farm egg, arugula, quinoa cracker, garlic puree
- Pork :: whole roasted pig, oysters, chinese broccoli, red pepper, rice
- Postre :: Round rock honey pie, boozy fruits, hopelessly bleu, goat milk ice cream.
Dinner was amazing – not that we weren’t expecting it to be. Farmhouse Delivery dinners are always top notch and LaCondesa is one of our favorites in Austin. The Flour House was such a treat! I’d highly recommend getting down there if you ever have the opportunity. We did inquire and the room can be rented for meetings or private dinners with a minimum headcount. It will be at the top of our list next time we’re planning a group dinner!
Friday = my lack of sleep & weekly go-go-go catching up with me. I had a headache most the day and felt very rundown 😦 We stayed in and I made my second attempt at my new favorite cauliflower recipe, worked on our wedding to-do list and hit the hay early. Lessons learned in my second attempt? Use parchment paper instead of cooking spray, use more riced cauliflower and less cheese in the crust, oh – and always take pictures of all your fresh ingredients!
Saturday/Sunday = a low key weekend exercise wise, was still not feeling 100% and had a big Saturday planned with hair & make-up run through for the wedding. VERY excited with how it went – she did a perfect job!
Since Saturday was spent mostly outside the house, Sunday was spent mostly at home 🙂 we had a late lunch at Elizabeth Street, our first planning meeting with our dear friend and officiant then a quiet afternoon spent working on more wedding to-dos and enjoying some down time and trash tv (my trash of choice? Law & Order SVU marathon!)
Challenges/goals for the week:
- Mon/Wed/Friday boot camp, Tue/Thurs spin + weights
- lights out (computer & tv off) by 9pm each night this week (got to get my sleep schedule back on track)
- Salads/vegetable based dishes for dinner every night this week (again, to aid in a better nights sleep!)
Here’s to a fantastic week!